Since this week has been my recovery week, training wise, I kept it very low.
I finally had got some decent sleep. Last night I slept 12 hours. It felt great. I think i need another one before I feel 100%. I went out for a short run yesterday. I was thinking, ‘Ok for the past few weeks u think about all the negative remarks from others. Now let’s flip it the other way around. How about the people who support you?‘ There are 22 people I know in my life that supports me one way or the other. This is not including to the blog community :). By the end of the run, the sun was just coming out of the clouds. I am sure it wasn’t an unusual weather. For that brief momment, I couldn’t stop admiring the scenery. God sure is a great artist.
I rethink about this speed matter. I want to go much faster (who doesn’t?). However, I am training for Ironman. Speed session become less relevant. Base building is the key. As much as I want to pound all out during my training. I have to understand that the focus is to build a solid aerobic base. It seems like I am going back full circle. At least I know I am sailing in the right direction.
I am still very excited about this season. There is something magical about spending months and months training for the uncertain and then in one day put everything on the table. Maybe I will DNF. Maybe I won’t. Maybe I won’t even make it out of the water. Both exciting and scary times 😉
Here is what I have plan and have been doing:
– booked a Bike Fit with Endurosport for this Fri. I will post my pre bike position and post bike position this weekend (for sure now).
– I asked my friend today does he know why I train. He has no clue. This is the problem. I didn’t communicate to my friends why I am training. Wrote an email already and will polish it up and send it off. I should have explained it back in Nov when I started to train… my bad
– re-doing my weekly training schedule. At the same time be realistic and flexible about my training schedule.
– really solidify my schedule and stick with it. Post the schedule on the fridge so my family knows when and where I am.
– Might do the Toronto triathlon so I can invite some friends to see me race.
I read another article at trifuel.com. This one is about a person who did an IM in 13 something. The second one he DNF. The third one he finished it in 11 something!! Incredible. He even surprised his coach.
..I have find this poem. I read it a few years back and it really got to me….enjoy.
Our Deepest Fear
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond
measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous,
talented and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world. There is
nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people
won’t feel insecure about you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to manifest
the glory of God that is within us.
It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give
other people permission to do the same. As we are
liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically